TIP model

The (TIP) Technology Integration Planning Model has five stages which ensures that technology will be used efficient and successfully when teaching. They are:

• Decide on objectives
  • What advantages does ICT give
  • Design ICT integration strategies
  • Organise the learning environment to enable strategies to work
  • What worked well? What needs to be improved?
There are numerous benefits in teachers partaking in these activities as they can enhance and change their teaching and therefore the students language. I found that this info graphic shown to me by David Jones is very helpful way for visual learners to understand this model.
When I am designing lessons on prac that integrate ICT I will use this model. In order to do this I will have to take into considerations that restrictions of the school, the wants of the teacher, the students knowledge and the ICT I have available to me. Kelly Frintzilas speaks more about the TIP model on her blog so it’s worth a visit!

One thought on “TIP model

1. Hi Sarah,

Thanks for mentioning my blog post. I would have to agree the TIP model is a useful way to ensure that ICT’s are integrated effectively. It really requires us to analyse our proposed activities in light of objectives, advantages, strategies, learning environment and requires evaluation.

As you mention there are many other variables that need to be considered, such as school restrictions, mentor teacher preferences, school policies etc.

Thanks for a great post.

Regards

Mrs Frintzilas